Wednesday, September 10, 2008

thoughts from Patricia

It is so great to read everyone's contribution.

Doug and Carmen I can't wait to see your new home!

Anne and Steve - I'm so excited to hear that Kendall is learning and excited about her school. It sounds fantastic.

Today I am in Kearny - the air is fragrant with that post - rain desert scent and the sky is pure blue with lots of white puffy clouds. I love driving through the mountains to get here. My day is going well and some people have canceled and I will get out early. Hooray!

Had book club on Monday - we had read "Call of the Wild" by Jack London - a classic which I'd never read. Dog lovers would particularly appreciate it, and everyone in my club loved the book. I found it interesting and I liked it ok. We also read LIttle Men by Louisa May Alcott, which only one person liked, I wouldn't recommend. It was very simplistic.

Last night stopped by my friend's who is house sitting again to return something , and we drank white wine and ate on the Tuscan-style patio and had another nice visit. She cooked another fabulous meal of fish and roasted brussel sprouts, sweet potatoes and spinach all in the same pan.

Over the weekend I saw Mamma Mia - a light, feel - good movie with lots of great Abba music and some not so great. Good dancing . I loved the movie though - recommend it .

I accomplished a lot of painting over the weekend. (hours and hours of it) There is still more to do, but it is looking really good. My challenge is taping and painting the parts that are near the ceiling, and there are some areas I just cannot reach. I will ask a tall young man I know to help me out (Kathy's son Gavin) Even though it is a LOT of work I am inspired to do more because it came out so well. I was having second thoughts about the orange wall, but now with more green walls around it it is looking wonderful.

Read Water for Elephants which is pretty good. Very interesting about the circus back in the 30's.

That 's all for now!

No comments: