Sunday, September 7, 2008

Hi from Anne, Steve & Kendall

This is fun! I have the morning to myself as Steve is golfing and Kendall spent the night with her friend Daniel last night. We had our supper club last night which was really fun. Tonight we are going to John & Kristi's for their monthly family dinner with friends. We have had a busy weekend. I am trying to get caught up around the house and get settled into a new routine with Kendall's school schedule.

Kendall is loving her school. She is very engaged and when I pick her up from school she has stories to tell and songs to sing that she has learned. We went to a parent information night on Thursday. We spent time in her classroom with her teachers and learned a little bit about the Montessori method. I am very fascinated by it. I am planning to attend an event called "The Journey" in which you go and experience the school as your child does. It is a friday night for two hours and saturday morning for four hours. Parents receive a typical lesson and work with the classroom materials. We will spend time in the Primary, Lower Elementary, and Middle School classrooms to see the evolution learning the Montessori way.
I am impressed with the social graces and decorum that is taught and practiced in the classroom. The second night after school Kendall asked me what she could do to help me make dinner. Then the other night Steve and I were having dinner and Kendall asked if she could get us some water to drink. She is developing some thoughts around being helpful and serving others, after just 5 days of school. Yea!

Regarding Alice's post... maybe Scott could tell me who the designers are from the Project Runway Fashion Show. I have been following the show.

Regarding Trudy's Post: I too am very concerned after watching Sara Palin address the Republican convention. I think we were all to quick to get excited about the choice. After hearing her speak, I was very impressed with her. Maybe the Republicans were very smart about their strategy. I hope the democrats can keep up their momemtum and get the issues out and have some good debates.

We watched the movie 21 on friday night. I fell asleep and Steve watched all of it and told me it was just ok. That is our movie review for the week.

Talk to you all later.

1 comment:

Scott said...

how much is that Project Runway info worth to you? I'd say $50 would cover my costs :)