Saturday, September 6, 2008

Scott, Alice & Baby G

It is so fun to know what everyone is up to! We are having a lot of rain today, I guess the hurricane is moving north. Scott & I are both doing better. I caught his cold, but we are both on the mend. I had a super busy week at work, trying to finish last-minute deadlines before quilt market. Yesterday I had a prenatal massage which was wonderful...this woman was recommended by someone in my yoga class. I haven't been that relaxed in months, I actually fell asleep.
Scott is busy shooting fashion week, some of the more well-known designers he's shooting are Zac Posen, Betsey Johnson & Nanette Lepore...he's also shooting the Project Runway fashion show.
I took Sushi to the vet today, and tomorrow I'm going to a housewarming at my friend Scotty's place. He was hit by a car in February and has been in hospitals ever since. He is paralyzed from the sternum down. He is moving into Rachel's building, which is a newer building and has wheelchair access. So tomorrow is a pretty big day. There is also a RISD alumni bienniel show opening that Rachel & I are going to tomorrow.
Today we had an architect come over to consult on our laundry closet. He was recommended by our next door neighbors, who are doing a gut renovation. It's going to be a little complicated, but it's doable. It involves running a gas line from the kitchen through the ceiling for the dryer, running plumbing from the bathroom, and running ventilation to the outside through our bedroom ceiling! He can also take out most of the wall and the door, put in sliding doors, and we can totally re-design all the shelving in the closet for maximum efficiency. So we won't just be putting in a washer/dryer, it will be like a dreamy laundry center, perhaps a fold-out folding table or ironing board. Plus loads of room for extra kid stuff.
That's our news, hope it's not too boring!

No comments: