Sunday, September 14, 2008

It's raining...AGAIN.

I wish that I would have kept track of the number of days that it's rained since we've been here. I'm fairly certain that it has rained more than half of the days. Last weekend, Hanna blew through town. My neighbor has a rain guage. We got 5-1/2 inches! This weekend, the tail of Ike, plus a storm that was coming anyway.

Nothing but rain!

We had neighbors over for dinner Friday night for the first time. They are 34, no kids and of similar values to us (liberal!). He's a software programmer and likes my kind of beer, she's a 2nd grade teacher and a vegetarian. Nice people. They stayed until mid-night. I thought I was going to have to ask them to leave....

They're probably the only people in the hood that we can really be friends with. Everyone else has 3 or 4 kids, or is a lot older than us. We found out that the people on the corner that have 4 kids are "home schoolers". I guess we won't be inviting them to our next Martini Party. The house that we almost bought around the corner is changing hands this week, though, so there's a chance there...

We're still shopping for rugs for the LR and DR. We think we found one for the LR at Crate & Barrel. It's so hard to find rugs. Everytime Carmen finds one that she likes in a catalog, or on-line, we discover that it's only available in 5x8 or something. I guess I shouldn't complain, because it has delayed a large sum of money from flying out of my checking account!

No comments: