Saturday, December 13, 2008

Xmas??

I don't feel very Xmasy this year. When I go out to the stores, it feels wierd, cause there is hardly anyone shopping....makes me think I shouldn't be there...I should be home, not spending my money, saving it just in case....but there sure are some great sales going on.
Ron and I have become intimate with Walmart since we have been buying things there for the house in Pioneer. I keep thinking that I should buy stock in Walmart. It is always packed...I never stepped foot in it until this year...look what I have missed....people (especially in Jackson, where Walmart is THE only store) who look like they just came out of the woods , scruffy beards, beat up clothes, missing teeth, with a slime trail following them as they wander aimlessly about, some of them yelling for their fellow Walmart visitors, and/or screaming at their children who look like orphans....precariously perched on the side of the shopping carts...(dont they know that the little ones can fall and hurt themselves badly?) .... are these people horrified by what could happen in their world due to the stock market and the world economic crisis... They aren't home saving their money...they are at the world's greatest importer of Chinese made items...who knows maybe things will change and USA will start making "things" again and in the future we will have the oppportunity to buy them at the last remaining retail chain, Walmart...guess I should buy some stock!
Mary

No comments: