Sunday, December 14, 2008

Walmart?

Before my arguably liberal family starts jumping on the Walmart bandwagon, perhaps we should read some of the reasons why a large number of educated Americans boycott Walmart.

http://walmartwatch.com/

I believe that they are partly responsible for a lot of the problems that we are experiencing in this country. Less than 50% of their employees are covered by their healthcare plan. They are the single largest customer of Chineses made goods, putting Americans out of work.

My biggest problem with them is that they censor the content of CDs, magazines and books. As the worlds largest retailer of media, if Walmart tells you to change your cover art, or your content because they conflict with Walmart's Southern Baptist culture...that's a big problem in my opinion.

http://www.pbs.org/itvs/storewars/stores3_2.html

As for me, I can spend a little extra money...and buy somewhere else.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Thanks for sharing all of that Doug! I was vaguely aware that there was a problem with Walmart employee policy but had no idea what the extent of it was. So nix the walmart stock..
What's up with Kohl's?