Saturday, December 20, 2008

8 inches, and still coming down

Of course its all over the news, but we're at the tail-end of our first big snow storm of the year. The ice last week was nothing (for us anyway). Tuesday evening we got a couple of inches of snow, though. I was in PA at Olympus America all week and Carmen left early Wednesday AM for MT (we have a dog-sitter now!). Translation: nobody shoveled our driveway! When I got home Thursday night, our entire property was one big skating rink. The snow had half-melted, then froze. The driveway...all 150 feet of it...had 1" thick ice on it. With a 10AM appointment, and an ETA of another storm at 1PM...I had a stressful Friday morning and afternoon trying to clear all the ice off the driveway before the storm hit. I finished around 3:30 just as the snow was starting to build up.

Lesson of the day: Never let the snow melt on the driveway!!

My new snow blower was completely inactive against the ice, so I resorted to salt and a square shovel, yard-type. It actually worked quite well. Shortly I will christen my snow blower for real, and then head out to the mall to do my Christmas shopping!

1 comment:

alice said...

Well, I guess we know how you'll be getting your exercise this winter!