Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I feel like I am sitting on pins and needles over this election - I have never felt so invested emotionally in an election. It's hard to believe the whole thing will be over by tonight! And probably no one will read the blog for days...

I love the picture of Alice and the blanket and seeing her big belly - more excitement there and the unknown there too -in just two months we'll have another little being in our family and we'll finally know what it is!

I'm at work and a patient didn't show up so I had time to talk to Anne, who is getting everyone ready to go to Disneyland for a few days.

We had fun making Rosie the little vest. Rosie seemed to enjoy the fittings and rolling around in the fabric as we were sewing. She is so adorable.

I am impressed with Anne's willingness to tackle sewing, especially with something as challenging as the Dorothy outfit for Kendall's Halloween costume. It was fun having her call me for a consultation every few hours! Sewing can be tedious and frustrating, but fun too when you like the finished product. I am enjoying sewing and knitting more these days, after many years of not really doing either one. In a way I feel like I've returned to myself, as needlework was such an important part of my young life until I went to nursing school, started working, and pretty much stopped making things.

I had my yard all cleaned up and everything is trimmed way back (remember the rats?) and surprisingly it doesn't look too scalped and bare. Julio seems to have a good sense of design the way he can trim an out of control bush down to two sticks and have it look good. Sort of a zen approach. Anyway, I am very relieved because I have decided to hire Julio for monthly maintenance so I never have to have yardwork hanging over my head again.

My next project( and then I hope to have no more unpleasant projects), is to eliminate all my unncessary papers , statements, etc from my filing. The barrage of paper related to investments is ridiculous. The town of Tempe is having a Shred- a -thon coming up in two weeks and I am using that as my target date to rid my office of all unnecessary old papers with my social security number and privacy information on them. I can take it all to the shred a thon and get rid of it all at once! Yeay! I will feel so much lighter when that is done and my office will be once again under control. Now its under piles of papers.

The weather is lovely - in the mid 80s during the day, 60s at night.

I will be going to Flagstaff saturday (brrr) to see my friend Darlene NP who moved there a month ago for a job. That will be nice to go up there, and fun to see her. I'll have a chance to break in those winter clothes before going to NY in January for the birth.

Hopefully we'll be talking about President Obama after today!

No comments: