Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Dawn of a New Day

Carmen and I stayed up to watch Obama's acceptance speech. It was inspirational...to say the least. It's still a bit surreal. I too, have never been so emotionally vested in an election. I don't think the nation has ever been so emotionally vested. I don't recall a similar level of celebration by millions across the country for any previous President. I certainly don't recall caring this much in the past, other than being really, really disappointed that this country re-elected W.

McCain was relatively gracious. His crowd was disappointing, though...with their boos. McCain should have scolded them. I would have liked to have seen an apology from him as well. After running such a dishonorable campaign, I hope that he slips into obscurity and retires soon.

It's the dawn of a new day. We have a new President, and he has a lot of work to do to rebuild our economy and rebuild respect in the international community.

No comments: