Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I experienced a little winter while driving home from Flag - the skies turned from blue to gray and the temperature dropped from 60 to 38 in a couple of hours. As soon as I started driving out of town flurries started, then heavy snow which stuck to the windshield and road. Since I was headed downhill, within 30 minutes it was rain and after I climbed out of the Verde Valley, the sun was again shining and it was clear at home.

I enjoyed my overnight in Flag - Darlene has an adorable old house right downtown so we walked to restaurants and even for shopping. I'd never experienced Flag from the perspective of a resident - it is really a cool place and I would even consider living there but not particularly attracted to it though. What does attract me is red rock and desert! I saw a picture of Terry Tempest Williams (author) seated outside her Castle Valley (isn't that a cool name?) UT home (outside of Moab) which included spires of red rock and I was immediately envious and had to look it up on the web. She is coming to Changing Hands Thursday so maybe I can talk to her. One of these days I hope to fulfill this dream of living in such a place.

I'm watching less TV these days because I got rid of my cable recorder. More reading, more listening to radio and music. I still catch Oprah most nights.

Hooray - I did several hours of filing, purging, tossing in my office and it feels so good to have all that done! Now I can just shred and file as things come in, thereby avoiding such a back log. I'm learning to make it easier = moving the files that I need to the spot where I go through my mail (laundry room), instead of creating a pile in the laundry room or on my desk to be sorted some months down the road.

That sure was a lot of leaves Doug!

1 comment:

Trudy said...

Hi everyone,
Every so often I remember that we have this blog - this morning being one of those times. It is so fun to read all of your posts and to hear what's happening in your lives.
All is well with Ken amd me. Fall is here - and this weekend it is probably going to be in the high 70's which is indeed rare for November!
We have plans to go with Granny and Grandpa to Anne and Steve's for Thanksgiving which should be much fun. The day after Thanksgiving I'm going with
G&G to take a look at an assisted living place in San Rafael that has a facility to care for people with dementia.
I cry everyday about the election. I never realized how much despair and hopelessness I had been feeling the last 8 years - it had gotten progressively worse. I find it really is amazing and vulnerable to allow myself to hope for and dream of a new world. There are still numerous emails and photographs being passed around amongst my friends which keep the celebration going. A friend of mine is organizing an 'Inagural Ball' here in San Rafael on 1/20 which should be fun. The proceeds from it will go to a local organization that supports homeless people.
Gotta run - love to you all!
Trudy